Google
 

March 28, 2009

Kidney Bean Green Chickpea Patties



Snack time. If I'm not prepared for it, I dread it. I dread not having something substantial in my lunch bag. I dread having to reach out for "just about anything" to kill those hunger pangs. It's not fair that the cafeteria downstairs serves samosas, bread pakodas and bread pizza just when the last bit of lunch bids my stomach farewell.



This makes for a great snack. With a salad on the side, it would make a great lunch too. But for now, let me relish it at snack time.

1/2 cup Kidney Beans, soaked overnight and cooked

1/2 cup Green Chickpeas, cooked

1 Potato, cooked and mashed

2 slices Bread

1 tsp Chilli Powder

1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder

1 tsp Ginger Paste (optional)

1/2 tsp Garam Masala

1/2 tsp Paneer Tikka Masala (optional)

Salt to taste

Oil for frying


Place the kidney beans, chickpeas, potato and bread in a bowl and mash until you get a homogenous mixture. Add the ginger paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, paneer tikka masala and salt. Shape the mixture into patties. (I got about 6-8 patties from this mixture.)


Heat a skillet and smear a little oil over it. Place the patties on the skillet. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Your perfect snack for those post lunch pangs.

6 comments:

renuka said...

That's a healthy snack will try it soon

Sum Raj said...

woo healthy appetizer..looks great..

luckysanjana said...

Hi Raaga i love cutlets.........with bread stuffed inside my rotis........any way....and i like the recipe i think i will try it......let you know how it turned......hey since this is fast to make why dont you participate in the event being hosted by Harini ......you could submit this entry.....its for starters.

Trupti said...

very mouthwatering cutlets Raaga

Vibaas said...

screams protein :) love it!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Another savoury snack. If you weren't far away, I'd be knocking at your door now.
As it is, I think I must make it there.....one of these days.:)
Did you use freash or dry chick peas?