Google
 

May 30, 2010

Mini Cauliflower and Cheese Fritattas



A year and a half ago, one of my namesakes posted this recipe on her blog. I wanted to try them instantly. Instant, in this case, turned out to be 18 months or so. Last Saturday, I had everything I needed. Well almost. So, I changed the recipe a bit and they turned out great. I know I will make these often and the next time around, I shall take pictures as they come out of the oven.


While these would taste great on their own, we had them with Zingo. (I received sauce samples from DelMonte long before Zingo and Twango were released into the market and they've both been great hits at home, with the two of us as well as every party we've had.)

For the fritattas:

4 Eggs
1/4 cup Cheese, grated
1 Onion, chopped finely
1/4 cup Cauliflower, grated or chopped finely
1 tsp Southwest Spice Blend (Tortilla Soup Seasoning)
1/8 cup Milk
1 tsp Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste


Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Grease the mufifn trays.

Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until golden brown. Add the grated cauliflower and the spice blend. Fry for a minute and add the salt and pepper. Add about a teaspoon or two of water and cover and cook the mixture. After about 2-3 minutes, remove the lid and allow the water to evaporate.

Beat the eggs. Add the milk and beat again. Blend in the cheese and the cauliflower mixture.

Pour into the muffin trays and bake for 15 minutes.

I had some left over pasta which I also threw in along with the cauliflower. We loved every bite of these fritattas and I can't wait to make them again. Thanks Arundathi.

9 comments:

Nithya said...

Wow.. this is yummy :)

Arundathi said...

So glad you tried them and loved them!!

Priya said...

lovely recipe :)... looks delicious....:) thanks for sharing :).. great pics :)

Unknown said...

looks delicious..

Indian Khana said...

Looks gud...baking it making more interesting...

sra said...

This is a nifty idea, have to hunt for the muffin trays now!

Swapna said...

love frittatas... have made them with Zuccini and peppers... have to try these

Chitra said...

Nice fritters..new to me..

Suma Rowjee said...

Yummy!! Loved your collection of bakes and other recipes, will be dropping by..